Warmer temperatures have finally arrived to call us out of our winter hibernation. Flowers are starting to push their way up toward the light, buds are forming on the trees and the clean up of yards, closets and homes has begun.
Set New Goals
But what about you? Spring is also a great time for you to reevaluate your own goals, including – of course – your fitness goals. It doesn’t have to be anything complicated. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Start Fresh: Whether it’s to lose a certain amount of weight or just to incorporate more vegetables into your diet everyday, setting that goal is the first step to achieving it. As soon as you’ve done that, take the next step and create a plan that will help you take each step toward that goal.
- Look Forward: It’s so easy to get caught up in what you perceive as failure: A time in the past where you didn’t succeed, or didn’t start, or even moved backward instead of pushing toward reaching your goals. Choose instead to focus on the commitment you’re making now and look ahead toward how things will be once you’ve achieved your goals. Remember that you have a plan and all you need to do is choose to follow it.
- Partner Up: Consider having someone join you. Having a partner who is working toward their own goals will keep you both motivated and accountable. (It can also make the journey more fun and extra rewarding!)
- Try Something New: What are you curious about? Have you always wanted to try rock climbing, or participate in a rec league sport, or learn how to swim? Get out there and do it!
- Make It Visual: Put your goals and steps on your calendar and also consider having your goals visual where you can see them everyday – on your bathroom mirror, on your fridge, posted above your desk – so you can be reminded and stay motivated. Also, putting your goals and the steps in your achievement plan in your calendar moves them from being ‘just thoughts’ so they are more likely to become completed actions.
It’s a great day to start something new!
Spring has just sprung, so there is a lot of time for you to set your personal and fitness goals, and get in shape for summer so you can enjoy everything each sunny day has to offer! If you need help figuring out which goals are best for you and how to achieve them, send me a message so I can help!